Childcare Funded Programmes
There are four Government funded childcare support schemes in operation.
Childcare services enter into a contract with the Department of Children and Youth Affairs to receive funding to deliver childcare through the support schemes.
Parents apply through the Childcare service of their choice to access one of the support schemes.
- Early Childhood Care & Education (ECCE) Scheme: If a child is eligible for the September start date but the parent decides not to start him/her for a little longer. The child can still join in on the ECCE scheme but will not get the full 2 years.
- Training and Employment Childcare (TEC) Programmes-which includes:
- Childcare Education and Training Support programme (CETS)
- Community Employment Childcare programme (CEC)
- After-School Child Care programme (ASCC)
- Community Childcare Subvention scheme (CCS)
- Community Childcare Subvention Plus scheme (CCSP)- which includes the new universal subsidy
More information can be found by clicking on the options on the right of this page.
Contact us on : 062 64200