A Step by Step Guide to Becoming a Professional Childminder
Tipperary Childcare Committee’s childminder support pack ‘A Step by Step Guide to becoming a Professional Childminder’ has been developed for anyone interested in accessing information about setting up/developing a childminding business in their own home. It includes the following:
* ‘Childminding – First Steps’: This booklet contains information on skills, roles & responsibilities of a childminder; legal aspects of childminding; commonly asked questions.
* National Guidelines for Childminders
* Voluntary Notification Form
* ‘Childminding – Next Steps’: This book contains information on developing policies & procedures; appropriate record keeping; garda vetting; health & safety awareness; etc.
* Templates – record keeping; policies & procedures.
* Financial Management – registering your business; calculating tax; income & expenditure
* Information on Aistear & Siolta
* Information on healthy eating for children
* Insurance – contact details for insurance providers.
* Training schedule for the year.
* Child Welfare & Protection Information for Childminders.
* General information, i.e. road safety, car safety, safety in the home, healthy eating, etc.
If you are interested in getting information on setting up a childminding business contact Ger Boland on 062-64200 and she will forward you a copy of ‘Childminding – First Steps’ and ‘National Guidelines for Childminders’.
If after reading these you require further information or support, Ger can arrange a meeting with you where she will go through the remainder of the support pack.