Positive Parenting for changing Families
This programme is for parents with children aged 2-12 years old.
The following key areas will be covered during the 8 week programme:
• Understand Your Child’s Emotional Development & How To Manage Behaviours In
• This programme supports parents of toddlers through to late primary school. The
concept of the ‘Good Enough Parent’ supports parents to examine their parenting style
and explore how this impacts on the relationship they have with their child.
• During the programme parents are asked to become more confident in how they parent,
allowing them to be assertive in how they handle the many challenges that young
children can present.
• Parents will learn the importance of positive attention, routines and consistency, quality
time, quiet time and the active listening. We will also examine the difference in discipline
versus punishment, helping parents to teach children as they manage childhood
When: Tuesday 31st January via Zoom at 10am (1 hour)
Family Communications: Seperating well for children
In this 8-week programme parents who are parenting post separation are supported to
firstly understand the impact of separation on children encouraging a child centred
• Parents explore the 4 steps of clear and direct communication as a tool to improve
communication resulting in decreased conflict.
• Parents begin to understand the needs of children and parents at the time of separation.
• Parents are encouraged to have pride in the new family form, inviting children to ask
questions and being available to answer the awkward questions about family forms.
• Parents explore what shared parenting is, why it is beneficial to children when done well and
how parents can develop a shared parenting plan.
When: Tuesday 31st January via Zoom at 7pm (1 hour)
Family Communications: Coping with Teens and Family
This 8 week programme introduces the concept of the strong family unit, supporting
parents to build relationships by ensuring the core ingredients of good communication
and assertive parenting are in place within the family. Parents will learn the 4-step
process of clear and direct communication also known as NVC.
• With these elements in place parents begin to understand the ‘life of a teenager’. You are
supported to explore the many changes and challenges that occur for teens as they move
through puberty and how you as a parent can support your teen at this vulnerable time.
Parents will have an opportunity to reflect on the many behavioural challenges that teens
can present with such as power struggles. As a parent the programme helps you to learn
when to step in and when to step back.
When: Thursday 26th January via Zoom at 7pm (1 hour)