The Department of Children and Youth Affairs have issued details for the Temporary Childcare Scheme for Essential Health Workers.
Included is the Press Release from Minister Zappone, Frequently Answered questions, Support Pack, Volunteer Application form and How to Guide.
- All existing registered childcare services are invited to participate in the provision of childcare in the homes of essential healthcare workers from Monday, 18th May 2020.
- The volunteer application form is available on PIP. Once completed all applications must be submitted by email to Pobal.
- Information will be made available in the coming days for parents who may be eligible for this temporary scheme. Parents will register through a separately managed process.
- 30 City and County Childcare Committees around the country will assist Pobal and the Department of Children and Youth Affairs in administering the service. Where possible, this process will match local service providers with essential health workers and the subsequent provision of services will commence.
- All services that participate in this initiative will be supported to follow HSE guidance related to COVID-19. Information packs containing essential information and supports are available
- Initially, Pobal will engage with larger full-day services, but all services are asked to consider volunteering and to prepare to activate if requested.
- Please liaise with your staff as soon as possible and assess their availability to provide direct childcare support to children of an essential health worker in the family’s home.
- Only services currently registered with Tusla will be allowed participate.
- All staff taking part are required to be re-vetted for the outreach service. Please see the guidance documents for more information on this.
Please read the supporting information and resources attached with this notice in detail. This information should guide providers through the subsequent stages of the process.
Frequently asked question for temporary childcare scheme:FAQ – TCSEHW May 7
Key documents relating to the temporary childcare scheme:Outreach Pack TCSEHW May 7