You will all have received the email below from the DCEDIY. Please read it carefully and the documentation we have attached below. 

If you need a temporary position advertised on the website please email- 


Dear Provider,

We are writing to you today by way of a follow-up to our letter of 10 December regarding temporary arrangements for students to work in Early Learning and Care (ELC) and School Age Childcare (SAC) settings.

We are now writing to you to inform you that the facility to advertise temporary vacancies through the City and County Childcare Committees (CCCs) is now live on the my website. If you have a short term vacancy you wish to have published please contact your local CCC with details and the CCC will post your vacancy on

This jobs noticeboard has been set up to support the temporary arrangements for students to work in settings during the current period of high Covid-19 incidence. Further and higher education institutions have been requested to alert students to this temporary jobs noticeboard. An ELC/SAC service may also advertise temporary job vacancies through any method it normally uses.

You are reminded that, as the employer, the registered provider will be responsible for all payment, vetting, induction training and supervision of students who are employed as a result of these temporary arrangements. A student employed on a temporary basis as a result of these arrangements is in an employment relationship, not on a student practice placement.

If you have any queries about the temporary arrangements which are not already answered in the FAQ circulated on 10 December, please send them to


Early Years Comms


For general information of recognition of qualifications, see:

Students can apply for a Letter of Temporary Permission to Practise via the following

FAQs for temporary circumstances: 

FAQ Temporary arrangements for students